Thursday, April 18, 2013

New battery and new distractions

Picking the Fiat up in Corpus Christi
Back home

Forlorn Stag is in the back corner
Besides cold weather and completing the Bugeye wiring overhaul, another distraction from the Stag project has entered my life. My first car was a '74 Fiat X 1/9, and I put about 120,000 miles on it until trading it to my Dad for his Stag (the brown one in my earliest posts). Now that I've decided to get into racing at our local road course, it seemed only natural to go back to my roots and find a Fiat. We picked this one up in Corpus Christi last week, so most time, energy and money have been going into getting it up to snuff.

However, I did get a new battery installed in the Stag. When I picked up the new battery, I went with a taller but not as wide one that has an integral strap. Much easier (see previous post), and much less likely to produce a short between the positive post and the body of the car.

Some day I'll get to the suspension overhaul...

Power steering pump out of the way
 
Everything back in place


No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards