Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Bugeye's wiring is complete

That outta take a few weeks

The WORST Stag engineering mistake
Spring has sprung in New Mexico, and the projects are lining up. Over the winter, I managed to rewire the Bugeye and fit all new brake lines. Compare the picture above to the earlier posting in December.
I recently received the components necessary to overhaul most of the Stag's suspension. I'm going all poly instead of the cheaper rubber, hoping I won't ever have to mess with any bushings again. New springs and Gaz shocks and springs are also on the agenda, followed (finally) by a visit to the alignment shop. The long cold winter was tough on the battery, which appears to be only holding 8 volts. I decided to remove it for further testing and maybe replacement, but I had forgotten what a job that is! First, you have to move the power steering pump. Then, if your battery is fullsized, there is just enough room to raise it out of its tight little hole; that is, if you had the presence of mind to have a strap attached or fitted beforehand. I spent and hour wrestling the thing around, finally getting a strap underneath so I could pull it up and out. Why didn't Triumph just put it in the boot like Jaguar if there wasn't room up front? I'll make sure and attach strap somehow before refitting...

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards