Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TechnaGlass







So I got the old girl all cleaned up and took her to town. First, I stopped by Maaco to talk to Bill about the door problem. He suggested I try angling the striker using washers on only one side, so I will give that a go. Then to TechnaGlass, where I met Erik and his team of great guys, who spent and hour getting the windshield installed. They tried to attach the chrome surround as well, but were not successful. Erik actually charged me $0 for their work since they were unable to get the trim done. He chalked it up to training for the young guys in the shop (who thought that the car was made by the Triumph motorcycle people). Out of curiosity, he made a request for a new Stag windshield and was told they were simply not available, so I'll definitely hang on to the hulk's glass. Great folks at TechnaGlass, and I highly recommend them for all your auto glass needs! When I later consulted the Stag ROM, it indicated that the chrome is to be installed after the glass is in using a special tool, and it gives instructions for making the tool, so all is not lost there and I'll attempt that operation at some point. Unfortunately, when driving the car back onto the trailer, I high-centered on the exhaust system, which has never been quite right, and bent it completely out of shape. The ramps for the trailer are really designed for a tractor and not a sports car.The car is once again undriveable. Bummer.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards