Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Kill Switch

New tie rod ends
300 amp kill switch

Today I installed my recently acquired racing car kill switch on one of the engine hoist eyes, which happened to be very conveniently placed and the right sized hole. Tried turning it on momentarily and observed smoke coming from the positive side battery cable. Man, have I got a short! Did some research and some thinking and decided the culprit must be the alternator. Now, I had the thing checked out way back when and it was one of the few components that were supposedly good. It's a bear to get to, so I'll save that for later in the week. If I isolate its wiring from the battery and the short to ground goes away, it's a pretty good bet the alternator is at fault. I did get the new tie rod ends installed (loosely...need to align the wheels before tightening the nuts).

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards