Thursday, March 22, 2012

Arc Welding

Fried battery isolater
I intended, over the last couple of days, to maybe take the car out for a spin. However, when I turned the battery disconnect to the "on" position, my hand was almost welded to the battery post. I quickly removed the isolater from the negative post and noted it was melted and now unusable. The only thing I could think of that had changed was the electrical connections at passenger side of the t-bar which would provide power to the roof light and the hardtop rear window defroster. I disconnected these and still got a pretty good spark when hooking the battery back up. Let the troubleshooting begin! I also received the tie rod ends I purchased on eBay a few weeks back, and will install them the next time the car goes up on the lift.

2 comments:

AgathaAHealey said...

www.britishcarforum.com
I'll bet you knew that.

Kaliburn said...

Great job!

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards