Friday, April 29, 2011

Hulk has a new resting place

Note tractor's rear wheel is not on the ground



New digs for the old girl














up up and away



As directed by a higher authority, I set out to move the parts car this morning. The rear wheels would not turn, so winching it onto the trailer was not an option. I finally reasoned that I just needed to get the weight off of the rear wheels, and then the car would be fairly light to maneuver around, since the engine is absent. I tried the tractor's loader, which is only rated at 600 lbs and was able to lift the rear end enough to do the job. There were a few exciting moments going downhill when the tractor only had one front wheel on the ground. I used a strap around the support member for the differential, led up aft of the boot and attached to the bucket of the loader. The hulk is now comfortably situated behind the workshop on a concrete pad. I also put the blue car up on the rack to see how it did. What a wonderful thing a lift is! Back to work, then vacation travel, etc. I'm looking forward to spending some time in the workshop when I actually get some time at home! Just reached 5000 hits! Cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice posting andWe are manufacturing Starter Motor Shafts, Precision Spur Gears, Precision Helical Gears, Precision Worm Gears, Precision Ground Gears DIN 4 CLASS

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards