Thursday, April 28, 2011

Moving Day



















At last, I have Stag news to post. The planets all aligned, I had some real time off, and the nasty Spring weather broke for one day, and so it was MOVING DAY! The solar and barn-to-garage project is finally complete, the lift is installed and now it's finally time to move the Stag from the place it's been for 3 years to my new workshop. I never got the steering hooked back up, since I was waiting to do it on the lift, so the challenge was to guide the car on to the trailer and back off again with the front wheels going wherever they pleased. I just took it very slow and made sure the weight of the car was managed at all times with an electric boat winch temporarily mounted on the front of the trailer. I had to use my little Kubota to maneuver the rig b/c space was too tight for a truck. The Stag acted like she wanted to be in the new digs as she glided right down the ramps onto the floor between the lift columns. She's dusty but her lines are still pretty. The boss has informed me that the parts car (aka "the Hulk") will also be moved asap as she thinks of it as an eyesore. Maybe tomorrow if my back has recovered.

1 comment:

Garry Brei said...

The Stag looks decent, albeit dirty. But yeah, she is still a beautiful car. You just need to give her some love and she's be as pretty as the day she left the assembly line. Good luck on your restoration project and I hope we can see the product of your hard work.

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards