Monday, August 24, 2009

Rack Removal

It's been a long, long time since my last post, but the Stag is still waiting for me in the garage. Busy summer. I'd like to start this post by expressing my heartfelt condolences to Michael Coffey, who founded the Triumph Stag Club USA, on the death of his daughter Caroline. The story was in the StagNews I received just today. Many of the parts I'm using in my Stag came from Michael. He's a real gentleman and we all deeply regret his loss.

I finally got the steering rack and pump out of the car today. Neither the ROM or the Haynes manual say anything about removing the left hand exhaust down pipe, but I found it impossible to remove the rack with the exhaust pipe in position. The ominous note in the Haynes manual says that a rack rebuild requires special tools and is not to be attempted by the amateur mechanic. I'm sure they're correct, but I'm going to try it anyway. More to come, but not quickly!

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards