Thursday, February 12, 2009

We have a heartbeat!


It's been awhile since I posted, but I've been slogging away at the Stag whenever I found some time. Got the new ignition switch. Had a heck of a time getting to the existing harness that runs through the tunnel under the adjustable steering column to install the new switch. There is a clamp bracket that's a bear to remove b/c, as the guys at the Stag Digest pointed out, the bolt across the top part is held in place with a very small roll pin. I could not get it out in situ, so I dropped the whole assembly and hacksawed either end of the bolt to remove the bracket and work on the pin on a bench. I need to get the one out of the hulk to replace it, but will have the same problem. Anyway, I got the new ignition switch and harness in, but still no warning lights. Received new (old) fuel pump I bought on eBay and it doesn't work (duh). Retried old pump and now it has decided to work! Geeesh! So, fuel supply system working, new ignition switch, let's try the engine. Cranks but no fire. Checked for voltage at coil...ok. Rechecked wiring against diagram and retraced all leads. Found loose wire to distributor (small black wire). Turned key and it fired up immediately. Yahoo! Still need to get into the instrument panel and find out why no power to warning lights (maybe just burned out) or electrical instruments.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards