Sunday, February 1, 2009

British Car Forum


A nice day. First, I was surprised at breakfast by Basil, owner of britishcarforum.com, with my prize for winning his most recent virtual rally ($200 Moss gift certificate). It was great to meet him and his wife Mary and talk about his Spitfire. Although Moss doesn't have any Stag-specific parts anymore, I'll use the money to buy some much needed tools to work on both the Stag and Bugeye. Also, thanks to members of the Stag Digest who have stopped by here and offered words of support. Especially thanks to Peter Howells of LD Parts for his insight on problems with the Stag soft top frame.
After breakfast, I had some time to get the striker plates in front of the tonneau installed, and the cable mechanism for the top release as well. Discovered parts from at least two cars, but not the part of the tonneau lock that is attached to the bottom of the tonneau on both forward sides. Have to rob those from the hulk when I get the hard top off of it.
Best news was that I scrutinized the wiring diagram and found that the new ignition switch I won on eBay should solve the ignition problems. All the symptoms (no spark, no warning lights) can be tied to a single white wire in the harness from the ignition switch. I look forward to getting that sucker in place and hearing the V8 rumble!

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards