Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Headlights

Armed with my trusty wiring diagram and multimeter, I spent the afternoon trying to get all the lights hooked up.  Why do previous owners insist on painting wire bundles thus disguising the color coded wires? The hulk was very helpful, giving up various bits of hardware. The headlights themselves are quite different between the two cars, and I suspect it was b/c the hulk spent some time in Europe. Its high beams are halogen, and the low beams are deepset Bosch affairs that had to be spliced into the wiring harness since they took different connectors. After quite a bit of frustration (normal for this car) I finally decided that there was one wire that was simply missing from the harness. I finally checked the hulk, and the same wire was missing, with a jumper installed just as I had decided to do. I wonder if it was some sort of congenital factory defect that was remedied after the fact? Anyway, I'm almost there with the front end of the car.

1 comment:

Headlights said...

Good job in doing this. Hope to get some more updates. Thanks for sharing.

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards