Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still no clutch...and no Brakes Either

The heartbreak of broken brake lines
I got the new clutch line installed, and while I was under the car, I used a sawzall to cut the mounts off of the exhaust pipes back by the tail end of the tranny. The pipes are for an autobox, so the mounting points don't line up with the crossmember for the od 4 speed. At least now the mounts won't destroy the little speedo drive unit back there. The Queen ascended to her throne and we bled the clutch hydraulics. Still no joy. I'm kinda at wits end here...new master, new slave, new line connecting them and still no clutch. Grr. To top it all off, I tried the brake pedal and the result was to burst the brake line over the diff. Off to price a whole new brake line kit. I have no idea what happened to this poor car, but i know I paid way too much. Sigh.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards