Saturday, February 28, 2009

Clutch bled

I discovered which side of the transmission mounting hole the clutch slave cylinder should be mounted on. I mean, I had a 50% chance of getting it right, but I got it wrong (of course). After some initial failed attempts to get fluid into the master cylinder, I blew out the line (again) and still no joy. Then, I tried pumping the pedal with the line not attached and got fluid moving along. Reattached the line and pumped fluid through the line, which, when it reached the slave, blew the piston out the back. Initially, I thought there was something wrong with the slave cylinder, but all the pieces agreed with the ROM. Then I looked at the picture again and realized my mistake. Once the slave was re-mounted on the aft side of the mount and rebled, it seems to be working. Thanks to my wife for her assistance! Brakes are next.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards