Sunday, January 25, 2009

Petrol blues

Some progress today. I took the battery back last week and they gave me a new one. The fuel pump still did not work, so I checked the circuit...good juice. Robbed the one off of the hulk and it pumped nicely. Ran some gas through the fuel line to clean it out and hooked it up to the filter and carbs. Finished some other little details and thought I'd try cranking the old girl. Filled the radiator, power steering pump, and engine oil and gave the starter a whirl. Engine turns over nicely, but no spark. Thought this might happen as I'm getting no idiot lights with the ignition switch on. Noticed the strong smell of petrol and saw that the fuel pump housing is cracked and a nice little stream of gas was squirting out. I'll have to swap in the wet section from the other pump and see if that works.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards