Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Alignment Done (sort-of)

I jumpseated home this morning and picked up the Stag, dropping it off at Chet's in Albuquerque at 8:00. They finally got to see the whole car that the struts belong in! After a couple of hours, I got a call from Gary, the technician who was under my car. He was not happy about the play in the right inner tie rod, saying that the alignment would not hold. I said to go ahead and do what he could. They finished up around 3:00. The rear end took quite a bit of shimming to being it into alignment, but it sure drives nicely now. I'll call Atlantic Enterprises later this week (they rebuilt the rack for me three years ago). The front end camber is way out, but that's just a consequence of lowering the car, and I'll have to research how to correct this.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards