Wednesday, January 25, 2012

T-Bar Almost Done




Gap caused by the bolts underneath the trim piece

That unique Stag T-Bar
I spent a couple of hours attaching the t-bar this afternoon. There are five screws up front, four on top and one on the bottom, and the two big bolts for the b-posts in back. The wiring for the interior light also goes through the passenger side b-post and attaches to the t-bar. Lots of patient wiggling to and fro resulted, finally, in all fasteners being attached. Unfortunately, the four stainless bolts I used on top up front stick out too far and the nice chrome trim piece that's meant to cover them won't. I'll have to find some screws with the same thread and a tapered head in town tomorrow. I can see why this thing was required...it really does stiffen up the body, and I'm hoping the door alignment will improve a little as a result.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards