Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Door Trouble






It's been a very frustrating couple of days. I now know more than I ever wanted to about the Stag's door geometry. I knew the drivers side door would need some shim work in order to get it aligned properly with the striker. My buddy Bob supplied me with several thicknesses of aluminum sheets from his uncle's stash. His uncle was a well known soaring instructor nearby and Bob inherited lots of tools. equipment and raw materials from his estate. On a side note, his logbook was actually signed by Orville Wright! Anyway, armed with the necessary supplies, I measured, cut refit, remeasured, recut, refit and finally got the door aligned properly. The problem is that it still won't close enough to engage the locking mechanism and I can't figure out where the problem is. I'm afraid the door is just torqued in some strange way that causes it to bind up against the body. I may have to leave this one to a body shop. The passenger side door works just fine. Sigh...

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards