Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fuel caps switched

I had a frustrating day out in the cold swapping the gas cap assemblies so that I would have one that works with the only ignition key I have. After I got the whole thing into place, I opened it to learn that the spring and the rubber stopper post was missing from the one i took off of the hulk. I then altered the plan and tapped out the pin holding just the lock mechanism and swapped locks, then redid the whole thing. I would have just done this from the start, but couldn't get the blue car's cap open since it was locked. Anyway, all is well now, and I scored a metal backer for the assembly from the hulk that was missing from the driver car, plus the rubber gasket for the cap assembly itself was better in the donor car. Fueled the car and it started right up, even with the temperature outside in the teens. Noticed a significant gas leak from the untightened hose clamp at the engine compartment fuel filter, so I fixed that. The brakes felt nice and firm, but still no clutch. My friend Bob is coming over tomorrow to do some troubleshooting.
I received a nice email from Richard Saunders who has a Stag project of his own (at least the interior...looks like he's already got a very nice running car). His blog is at: http://maddesthouse.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards