Monday, November 22, 2010

Lack of Steering Success



Snow this morning. I decided to try and find the tie rod ends locally. Auto parts stores usually have nothing in their computers about Stag parts. An internet search indicated the Stag has commonality with some Jaguars for this part. Had the Edgewood NAPA get two for me from Albuquerque. When they arrived, I took one of the old ones, and they were different sizes...no workie. Reasoned that since they weren't in bad shape except for the dust boots, I could just replace the boots with universal fit ones from NAPA. Finally home with a few hours left before dark. Removed the driver's side exhaust pipe again to allow access. Attached the rack mounting brackets to the car. Got the rack up in its spot. The picture is before putting the rack in, showing the location of the hoses. Tried for 20 minutes or so to get the splines for the rack's steering input to marry up to the steering column universal. I remember it was hard getting them apart, so getting them back together is gonna be a b@#$%. And I still have getting the hoses hooked up to look forward to.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Radeon Video Cards